About Miles Morland Foundation
The Miles Morland Foundation is a registered charity located in London. It was founded by Miles Morland in 2013 ,whose interests has been investing in Africa via two companies he created, Blakeney Management and DPI (Development Partners International).
Aim & Benefits of Miles Morland Foundation Scholarship
- The Miles Morland Foundation Scholarships for African writers is aimed at providing aid to Africans who struggle to earn a living while writing their unpublished books.
- The scholarship allows writers to finish the first draft of their completed books.
- African writers also benefit to the scholarship grant of between £18,000 and £27,000 (fiction or nonfiction respectively), given over twelve to eighteen months to each chosen writer.
Eligibility For The Miles Morland Foundation Scholarships For African Writers
The following requirements must be met for an African writer to be eligible for The Miles Morland Foundation Scholarship :
- The writer must be from Africa, either by having both parents as Africans or a single parent.
- The writer before being considered eligible must submit an excerpt from a piece of work of between 2,000 to 5,000 words, duly written in English language and evidence must be provided to show the piece uploaded for this scholarship has been published and offered for sale.
- The writers are expected to write in the year the scholarship application is required by the Miles Morland Foundation.
- To maintain the eligibility status, the writers will be requested via email to submit at least 10,000 new words every month to Miles Morland Foundation until the book is finally completed or the scholarship term ends.
- If the writers, complete the first draft of the book before the year runs out, payments will continue while editing and refining of the books are done by the writers.
- The writers are required to write an autobiography of 200-300 words, stating something about their background, personality, and self. Also, people who appear in the shortlist will be asked to provide further information about themselves.
- For writers, planning on writing Fiction and non-fiction proposals are welcomed. Also non-fiction writers will be provided with extra time for research.
N/B: The Miles Morland Foundation Scholarship accept full length work of fiction and non-fiction books but reject poetry, film scripts, short story collections etc.
Important Dates : Scholarship application is accepted between 1st July 2022 and 18th September 2022. Any applications submitted outside the acceptable period shown earlier will be automatically disqualified and ignored.