About University of London
The University of London is located in England, United Kingdom. It was the first university to introduce examination for women in London in 1869 and a decade later, the first university to admit women to degrees. The university was established by Royal Charter in 1836.
Aim & Benefits of University of London, Matilda Mwaba Scholarships
The University of London is currently offering scholarships to eligible and qualified African students funded by the Maltida Mwaba Foundation.
The Zambia National Organization for Women in Sport, Physical Activity, and Recreation (NOWSPAR), where Ms. Matilda Mwaba served as CEO, was co-founded by her. Additionally, she served as Africa’s representative on the International Working Group on Women in Sport’s Global Executive (IWG). Her advocacy work centered on boosting women’s and girls’ involvement in sport, sport for development, organizational development, and policy engagement on the integrity of sport, as well as sport for empowering girls and women in and through it.
The following are the aims of this scholarship:
- The scholarship will pay the tuition for one short course (module) of the University of London’s distance learning program in international sports management.
- Mentorship in the specialized topic area will also be provided to scholarship winners.
Eligibility For University of London, Matilda Mwaba Scholarships
The following are listed eligibility for the University of London, Matilda Mwaba scholarships :
- The applicant must be female.
- The applicant must be 35 years and younger.
- The applicant be a permanent resident of any country in Africa.
- The applicant must be able to provide genuine references.
- The applicant must have offer for the module/Postgraduate certificate.
How To Apply For University of London, Matilda Mwaba Scholarships
This scholarship is easy to apply, as candidates are considered for the scholarship. The slated deadline for the scholarship admission is 1st August, 2022. The following are processes to follow:
- Interested applicants are advised to submit an application for the short course or Postgraduate Certificate in International Sports Management. Without this, there is no consideration for a scholarship application.
- Interested applicants are advised to pay the appropriate online application fee for their programme.
- When the applicants have received an offer they can, download and complete the scholarship application form.
- Applicants are advised to upload their completed scholarship application form (Click here)
- In order to be considered for this scholarship if you already applied for a program but did not enroll, please fill out the scholarship application form here. You might not need to reapply for your course.