About University of Maine Graduate School
The University of Maine is known mostly for its research activities. This school is the state only public research university in Orono, Maine. It was established in 1865. Each faculties across the school board conduct research and this has made the school reputable as “R1: Doctoral Universities – Very high research activity”.
Aim & Benefits of The University of Maine Postgraduate Scholarships For International Students
The following are the aim and benefits of the University of Maine postgraduate scholarships for international students :
- It helps the International students conduct more research which will broaden their knowledge in research and experiments.
- This postgraduate scholarship is offered to Masters, Doctoral, and Postdoctoral Research Assistantships.
- Dr. Sydne Record’s research team is looking for candidates for an M.S. position in Wildlife Ecology or Ecology and Environmental Sciences at the University of Maine in Orono in the Department of Wildlife, Fisheries, and Conservation Biology. For more information, visit https://sydnerecord.blogs.brynmawr.edu/ (relocating to UMaine in Fall 2022). From a biogeographical standpoint, our research group focuses on population and community ecology.
- Additionally, a postdoc job is available to work in the laboratories of Cyndy Loftin (https://www1.usgs.gov/coopunits/staff/479866) and Alessio Mortelliti (alessiomortelliti.weebly.com). The position’s main objective is to create adaptable techniques for tracking mammals’ responses to climate and land use change in the Northeastern United States. This project’s main objective is to offer management organizations statistically sound camera-trapping monitoring procedures that will enable them to keep track of a group of 15 mammalian species throughout the coming decades across a wide geographic area (i.e. northern New England).
Eligibility for The University of Maine Postgraduate Scholarships For International Students
- International students from all the countries in the world are eligible to apply for the postgraduate scholarship.
- Students must have Bachelor’s and Master’s degrees from a Wildlife Ecology, Biology, Natural Resource, or related program are required.
- Students must have strong quantitative (GIS, occupancy modeling, mixed-effects modeling) and writing skills.
- Students must have a GPA >3.0, as well as strong oral and written communication skills and evidence of progress in publishing work from the M.S. degree.
Required Documents For University of Maine Postgraduate Scholarships
The following documents are required to prepare the following:
- Cover Letter.
- Reference Letters.
- Applicant Form.
- Curriculum Vitae (CV)